Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Still haven't found my routine

I got up at a decent time today.  Maybe quarter past 5?  But then I was dead by the time I got back from my second supervision from walking so much.

Who knew that going to a fancy school like Cambridge would require so much walking?  Well, I actually didn't expect anything although I was warned that I would need a bike.

So I got a bike, and because I am not very good with speed and also I haven't ridden a bike for like 25 years or so, I got a bike with smaller wheels, a folding bike.  The problem with that is that I am going much slower than other people - so big wheeled people want to pass me AND it requires me to pedal a lot harder.  Geez.. that kinda defeats the purpose of having a bike, doesn't it?  I wanted to get around easier not harder.  So now what my bike does is... it allows me to go to places slightly faster but not with less efforts.  And since I am not very good at riding it yet, I feel like I am a danger to myself ADN to the Cambridge society.  Hmm... maybe I should get up early on the weekends and practice riding.

I had two supervisions one at Trinity and one at Robinson (and both are really really far) and I kinda started to get what they are for.  It is really an odd system if you think about it.  I don't think I got this much supervision / care even from high schools (and I attended three in two different countries).

I am going to have lots of reading.  Too much for my little printer - which is being delivered tomorrow to handle I think.  Will I be able to read it all?  And keep it in my brain?  I guess we just have to find out soon.

Oh yeah, I meant to talk about how I don't have my routine.  Many things that I do involve internet.  For some reason, maybe HH is a bit away from the main campus or it is just a smaller college, I'm just not getting a good school wifi.  I am used to 20M download, which is not actually that great in some sense.  Ok it doesn't have to be that fast but at least be stable?  Is that too much to ask in this day and age?  Argh... I am expecting that I should be able to watch Netflix or iPlayer online (well actually I should) but at least if I am emailing and surfing for course books, it should stay on-line?  Is that too much to ask?

Anyways, I am spending much time trying to figure out how to store files, where to store files, etc.  Should I buy kindle books when available?  Should I read cases on iPad?  Should I just print everything?

Another thing is that now I only have an access to Mac (yeah school has PCs) and getting things done on MS Office suite on Mac is not always the best.

Ok, enough of whinging.

K

[photo: I need more comfortable shows than these]

No comments:

Post a Comment