Thursday, June 28, 2012

Couple's Residence

D is going through some turbulent times.  He does not know what he wants to do with his life.  To me, it is not weird or surprising.  It was more surprising that he did not ask these questions before.

Unlike D, I have been asking these questions all through my adult life.  I've tried to figure out what I want out of life.. ultimately.  Of course it is easy to say that it is the happiness, I want out of my life... but that's just cheating.

So D's plan is to follow me to the UK, which is also where his parents, siblings and friends live.  Although he hasn't been living there for 16 years or so, he wants to go back to the UK for awhile (more than ever).  His dad's ill, his mom not getting younger... yeah I understand his reasons.

Anyhow, I asked the housing contact regarding the requirements to get a couple's residence assigned.  The reply email says my partner must be with me at all times.  Well I cannot guarantee that as his plan is to share his time between London and Cambridge.  However, if I can't secure a couple's housing in Cambridge, there really won't be much room for him to stay in Cambridge.

D will still have to figure out what he wants to do when he is in London/Cambridge.  Yeah, nothing is simple.  I thought I would have figured my whole life by now... but frankly, I am far from it.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment